Monday 12 September 2011

Dress of the Week


Welcome to the Dress of the Week!!

It is the 'Bewes' dress from Hobbs

The dress is part of a story called 'Julie', named after the ridiculously fabulous Julie Christie.
Why is it called Bewes I wonder? Maybe because Ms Christie starred alongside Rodney Bewes in 'Billy Liar'?
Love 'Billy Liar'

When I was about 18 or 19 years old I saw a picture of Julie in an apple green jacket. I scoured Camden Market looking for one just like it. I found one in suede. Oh, how I loved that jacket, I thought I was the bees knees in it!!
So, all these years later - a true lady like Mrs Pink would never reveal how many!! - I have gone from the Julie jacket to the Julie dress.

Think renting 'Far From the Madding Crowd' might be in order . . . .

"Terry meets Julie, Waterloo Station
Every Friday night"

No comments:

Post a Comment